Today's recipe is for a Mediterranean Vegetable Lasagne. I've been trying to take a more careful approach to what I am eating at the moment - I have been doing a lot more resistance training at the gym and if I want to see results, I know that what I eat will play an important role! However, that is easier said than done when the only thing you want during the day at work is aaalll the cake - and the staff room generally offers this in ample supply!
This recipe creates 4 good-sized portions that come out at 300 calories each (35g carbs, 8g fat and 20g protein).
- 300g Quorn mince
- 300g Mediterranean vegetable mix (frozen)
- 2 cartons of chopped tomatoes
- 100g lasagne sheets
- 40g cheddar cheese
1. On a medium heat, fry off the mince and vegetables for 7-8 minutes.
2. Add the chopped tomatoes and seasoning (I like to add salt, pepper, oregano and garlic granules).
3. Leave to simmer until all excess water cooks off.
4. In an oven-proof dish, layer the quorn mix with lasagne sheets.
5. Finish with a final layer of the quorn mix and top with the grated cheese.
6. Bake at 180c for 15-20 minutes until the cheese goes golden.
Thanks for reading!